Proven Subject Lines That Will Instantly Increase Your Open Rates

I originally created this “subject lines” tutorial for my Nonstop Traffic Formula   students.

It’s just one of dozens of list building and email marketing tutorials I created for them (along with all their traffic-getting and money-making training).

Now my staff has convinced me to post an edited version of it here on my blog.

So if you have ever wondered what the best email subject lines are… the ones that almost instantly increase your open rates and your click through rates… then this video tutorial is definitely for you. Enjoy!

Tags: , , , , , ,

20 Responses to “Proven Subject Lines That Will Instantly Increase Your Open Rates”

1. Gauher Chaudhry 03. Aug, 2012 at 11:54 am #

Great content Jeff and right on the money with subject lines. I found that also having the word “Download” in my subject line got some of the highest open rates on my emails.

• Jeff Johnson 03. Aug, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Thanks for sharing what works!

2. karabo 03. Aug, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

I have done a bit of e-mail marketing but always not sure if i have the right subject lines. I sure appreciate your effort in impacting your knowledge to us. Great job.

• Jeff Johnson 03. Aug, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

You’re welcome 🙂

3. Steve Lorenzo Master eMailSmith 05. Aug, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

Hey, Jeff…
    Nice one, brother!

Here is my own experience – I’ve tested probably over ten thousands subject lines since I started to focus on email marketing, back in 2007.

The ‘trendy’ ones come and go, but some of the best possible ones are the subject lines that manage to STOP the recipients of the email on their tracks when they are scanning the Inbox…

Try to be controversial and/or raise their curiosity with some unexpected combo like the ones from the newspaper headlines.

For instance, one of my best ever subjects was this:

“Your ‘toxic’ IM refill..”

However, after they open the emails, you need to make sure to fulfil whatever expectancy you have created in the subject line… or else you risk being marked as spammer.

• Jeff Johnson 07. Aug, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

Very true, you have to match the subject line to the message or the ISPs will ban you as spam.

Thanks for the tip!

4. Patricia Littlejohn 05. Aug, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

Thank you Jeff for presentation on headlines
    great stuff!

5. Steve Hawkins 13. Aug, 2012 at 10:43 am #

Some interesting headlines jeff.. I’ll have to split test some of these myself for my own list 🙂

6. Toshiba 21. Aug, 2012 at 6:38 pm #

Hi Jeff, this was a very helpful tutorial & it answered just one part of my question but just as Steve mentioned before on getting them to take action within your email. Well how do you do to take action & not look at you as a spammer?

Thanks

• Jeff Johnson 22. Aug, 2012 at 10:21 pm #

spam is when you send an email to someone who did not request to be on your mailing list.

If they request to be on your list and you deliver value then they actually come to value your opinion, including your recommendation to buy something. Add value first, ask for the order second.

7. Shaqir Hussyin 09. Sep, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

Thank’s Jeff,

I’ve found anytime i use the ’email’ and Congrats on my subject lines.
    It get’s the craziest opens ever.

highest 69.7% open rate on one of my lists.

Shaq

• Jeff Johnson 09. Sep, 2012 at 10:17 pm #

thanks for sharing and I’ll have to give it a try!

8. Vishal 09. Oct, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Awesome tips and training video. Thanks Jeff.

9. Dan 17. Feb, 2013 at 3:05 pm #

These lines have been very helpful . have used them endlessly and the continue to work even today

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Steal My Best Converting Email Subject Lines For Free | Jeff Johnson Underground Training Lab - 02. Aug, 2012

[…] you liked this video then you’ll love the  newest version of this  subject lines tutorial I just posted. More subject lines, more split testing results, more subject line […]