change seo wp theme

Here’s a quick video tutorial one of my guys made for you.

It shows you  how to change your wordpress themes in Jeff Johnson’s Highly Customized Search-Engine-Magnet Software (SEO Blog Software).

Sorry, we are in the process of updating this video so it is temporarily unavailable. Please check back soon.

If you don’t have the free software yet you’ll need to sign up for it here:

Free SEO Blog Software

Tags: , ,

71 Responses to “change seo wp theme”

1. erock 03. Jan, 2009 at 11:53 am #

Thanks Jeff!!

Can we choose another theme to use BESIDES the 7 that are given to us? I see on the bottom of the page…

“Get More Themes—You can find additional themes for your site in the WordPress theme directory. To install a theme you generally just need to upload the theme folder into your wp-content/themes directory. Once a theme is uploaded, you should see it on this page.”

Can we use and design any new theme?

Thanks again and best of 2009!

2. sindre Brudevoll 09. Jan, 2009 at 12:49 pm #

Hello how do you wrap the adsens code into the article att left att this theme? wich file do i open to do that and what code should i look for?

sidebar templates or widgets control the code placement.

3. Kola Adebayo 16. Jan, 2009 at 7:09 pm #

I generally like the left menu-like items (e.g recent post), just like you have it on your blog.

If i change the theme to any other one other than the ones in your package, does it affect the SEO optimasation of the package.

Themes can be changes as you’d like

Here are some tutorials that may help:
    Free SEO Blog Tutorials

Here are the FAQ for Free SEO Blog Software:
    FAQ – Free SEO Blog

Here are the web hosting companies we use and recommend:
    Best Web Hosting Deals

4. Prashu 30. Jan, 2009 at 1:51 am #

Its a nice software.
    COuld You Please tell me How this software increases the traaffic?

5. Rob 05. Feb, 2009 at 8:13 pm #

your theme seems very like one i use – Cutline.
    If it is i’m wondering why you don’t give credit to the source.

Jeff Johnson says: good question but I’m not sure. My guys install and update my sites.

Our policy is strict adherence to attribution guidelines.

However, some people, such as myself, allow others to remove the links from the themes.

And in other situations we buy the theme itself, make a donation, or even simply request permission to remove them.

I have no idea in this case but i have aske them to look into it.

6. Micky 17. Feb, 2009 at 5:52 am #

Wow Jeff,
    I recently paid around 100 bucks for this type of package & you just give-it-away?
    Stunning.
    Thank you just sooooo much.

7. Sezil 17. Feb, 2009 at 6:00 am #

Hi jeff, I’m new for WP, but it easy to use. Your blog that helpful Thank you very much.

8. Gary 21. Feb, 2009 at 7:16 pm #

This comment ultimately refers to comments 35, 28, & 41 on the topic of themes, how many are included in your package, and so forth.

I believe I’ve completed all of your install steps properly, for what it’s worth, on 2/21/09 there were 5 in the package I downloaded / uploaded: default, classic, beach house, glossyblue SEO, and pride SEO … not 7 nor 3.

That’s a non-issue for me anyway, as the essence of my question is about use of other themes.

Thanks Anthony for your response in comment 38. That helps. Your SEO package is the modified WordPress installation, not a theme. I see now that I can use any WP theme (with no stated SEO-friendly claim) that I wish with your free software and presumably … gain all the SEO advantages of your software.

Question lead in:
    The “other theme” I would like to use makes SEO-friendly/optimized claims. I believe that what I downloaded from theme is only the modified theme (and not a modified WP blog software install).

Question 1:
    To your knowledge, is there anything about an “SEO-optimized” WP theme from anyone else … provided it’s an uploaded theme after the proper new installation of your software, that causes problems, negates the effects of core modifications you did, etc.?

Question 2 (conversely):
    Or … can someone else’s SEO tweaks on only a theme, when added to your software only help achieve even greater postive outcomes with respect to SEO?

Thanks so much!!

Jeff Johnson says: IGlad you enjoy it!

t is possible for other seo themes, plugins, etc to either positively and/or negatively affect my free seo blog software and traffic getting seo plugin.

Too many variations to even consider tracking

So the answer is “yes” to all of your questions… both good and bad things could result in your scenarios.

9. Gary 21. Feb, 2009 at 7:33 pm #

PS: I did have one more question …
    The video nor install post directions mention the wp-config.php (pre-upload) alterations. Only the dbname, dbusername, dbpassword alterations were mentioned. However, what about?
    =============
    WP-CONFIG.PHP
    =============
    // Change each KEY to a different unique phrase. You won’t have to remember the phrases later, so make them long and complicated. You can visit http://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/
    // to get keys generated for you, or just make something up. Each key should have a different phrase.
    define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘longdifferentphrase1’);
    define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘longdifferentphrase2’);define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘longdifferentphrase3’);

I went ahead and made these alterations too. I seem to be fine; everything seems to be working.

10. erock 11. Mar, 2009 at 9:37 pm #

Thanks Jeff!

Do you know of a really good theme that works well and looks good selling a single product?

This is single bottle item, looking for something sharp that works with your awesome installation.

This is my first contract! Totally stoked. Thanks.

Jeff Johnson says: If you are selling something, use a “static” sales page and not a blog theme.. much more effective at selling.

You can link to it from your blog, or configure your blog to use the static sales page as its home page.