How to upgrade Traffic Getting SEO Plugin for WordPress

Current Version: 3.0-beta (Released September 19, 2011)
ATTENTION USERS UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS TO TGSP v2.2:
Traffic Getting SEO Plugin 2.2 replaces the Simple CAPTCHA plugin with a new security plugin. Follow these steps to upgrade TGSP:
  1. Deactivate the old version of Traffic Getting SEO Plugin and Simple CAPTCHA.
  2. Delete the old versions of Traffic Getting SEO Plugin and Simple CAPTCHA. Your settings will be saved.
  3. Upload and Activate the new version of Traffic Getting SEO Plugin.
  4. From the TGSP Plugins page, install and activate SI CAPTCHA.

This tutorial will show you how to upgrade the Traffic Getting SEO Plugin for WordPress.

Step 1.Type in your Username and Password for your blog and click [Log In].

Step 2.Click [Plugins].

Step 3.Find the Traffic Getting SEO Plugin in the list of active pluginand then click [Deactivate].

Step 4.Check the box to the left of Traffic Getting SEO Plugin, then select[Delete] from the drop-down box and click [Apply].

Step 5.Click[Yes, Delete these files].

Step 6.On the left side, click on [Plugins], then [Add New].

Step 7.Click on [Browse], and then find the most recent version of Free Traffic Getting SEO Plugin that you downloaded.

Step 8.Click on [Install Now].

Step 9.Click on [Activate Plugin].

Step 10.You’re done! All of your optimizations from the previous version should still be saved.  You may notice a few new tweaks to apply, these are our updated optimizations to the newest version of the plugin.

90 Responses to “How to upgrade Traffic Getting SEO Plugin for WordPress”

1. AIS Home Study Course 11. Aug, 2010 at 11:39 pm #

I upgraded my WP to 3.0.1 with hesitation. With TGSP 2.1 I had the errors a lot of people were receiving. So I went ahead and deleted TGSP 2.1, upgraded to WP to 3.0.1 then uploaded and activated my TGSP 2.1.1 (the new version). It didn’t work, I had a header error when activating the plugin. OH NO! Then I thought I better look at the instruction again and sure enough I forgot to delete the SI Captcha plugin. Listen folks save yourself a headache. Do what Jeff says and follow the directions it makes things so much easier. I will for sure the next upgrade! Thanks Jeff!

2. . deb 22. Sep, 2010 at 1:07 pm #

Jeff, how do I get the passwords for the newer version? I seemed to have lost the email

3. Steve Halliday 24. Sep, 2010 at 2:54 pm #

I am just getting arounfd to upgrading WP to ver 3. I realized that I need a new TGSP so I downloaded the latest and followed the instructions on this page (http://www.undergroundtraininglab.com/tgsp-upgrade/).
    Unfortunately I get an werror when I try to install the plug-in:
    Destination folder already exists. /home8/underst3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-traffic-getting-seo-2.1.1/
    How do I solve this problem? I was following the instructions exactly up to the activate point.
    thanks

• Jeff Johnson 01. Oct, 2010 at 7:12 pm #

Please ask your host to look at it.. should be easy for them to spot your problem.

4. corey 24. Oct, 2010 at 11:29 pm #

I have followed the instructions to the T multiple times and I still get the “missing a header” error. I can’t get this update installed. I was using the old one just fine.
    Yes I deleted SI captcha first.

• Jeff Johnson 28. Oct, 2010 at 11:02 am #

Unfortunately it could be caused by many things including improper installation, php, .ini, etc.

Deleting everything and installing fresh may cure it, or…

Please have your host take a quick look at it and see if they can solve it for you.

5. Leiif 03. Feb, 2011 at 7:46 pm #

I tried to DL the latest plugin but the site is redirecting to a weird page. Can you take my email off this comment and send me the link?

Best,
    Leiif

6. David G. 05. Mar, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

I just installed your plugin on a new WP 3.10 site. When I try to install any of the other recommended plugins, I get a “dark” page overlay – looks like a lightbox type of popup, but there is nothing there – just dark grey overlaying my blog admin page! I have to manually go and search for the plugins to install them. Did WP 3.10 break something in your plugin’s installer?

7. Sandy 20. Mar, 2011 at 4:30 pm #

I just want to say a HUGE thank you for your f.ree traffic getting plug in. It is absolutely awesome. Within less than 2 months I found myself on page one of google for my keyword without quotes and I didn’t even have any product on the site at that point. Nor had I made any attempts to promote the site (I still haven’t)

I am now on page one for at least one other keyword as well. It can only be because of your plug-in.

I have seen mention of a paid traffic getting PRO plug-in – how do I get hold of it?

• Jeff Johnson 24. Mar, 2011 at 9:23 pm #

Cool. The TGSP Pro version is only available to my students in my coaching club right now.

8. chris 22. Mar, 2011 at 11:50 pm #

WOW! *not in a good way*

Is there any live tech support for jeff’s plugin. I’m on bluehost and just canNOT get this to work. Granted I’m a newbie to wordpress… but i followed the instructions as far as I could and it just will NOT install properly! edited php… tried to install/update plugins… etc…even got on with bluehost tech support. Can anybody help? email me?

• Jeff Johnson 24. Mar, 2011 at 9:26 pm #

we’ve used it with bluehost many times. I’ll have my guys look into it but the only support we offer is for the professional version inside my coaching club. The free version is “self serve”.

• Jeff Johnson 24. Mar, 2011 at 9:27 pm #

If it doesn’t work out then you can alway request a refund from bluehost and move to another hosting account.

Update: We testing installing TGSP on a blue host account this morning and it worked just fine.

Simply followed the instructions that are already posted.

• Jeff Johnson 25. Mar, 2011 at 1:22 pm #

We tested installing TGSP on bluehost today and it worked just fine .

The tutorials we have in place are exactly what they followed to install it.

9. nancy 08. Dec, 2011 at 9:59 am #

If we don’t belong to your Underground program, will this plugin be maintained/updated for non-members in the future?

thanks!

• Jeff Johnson 17. Dec, 2011 at 2:54 pm #

I don’t have an “Underground Training Lab” program 🙂 But yes, I’ve been updating my Free Traffic-Getting SEO plugin for years now, and have no intentions of stopping any time soon.

In fact, Traffic-Getting SEO Plugin Version 3 is in final beta testing and will be released as a final version soon.

10. robert hutton 09. Mar, 2012 at 5:53 pm #

where is the link for the upgrade pro version. I have had this for a long time but can’t find the upgrade plugin to download
    thanks
    bob hutton

• Jeff Johnson 09. Mar, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

The only way to get the Pro version currently is to be a member of one of my training programs. If you are then simply log into the membership site and download the newest Pro version.