Apology From Jeff Plus New Aweber Tutorial

Here’s what NOT to do with Aweber’s Analytics and how you can learn from my mistake. Learn how to make your email marketing even more effective… and get an apology from me.  Check out this aweber video tutorial

Get Adobe Flash player

Tags: , , ,

43 Responses to “Apology From Jeff Plus New Aweber Tutorial”

1. HP 06. Feb, 2010 at 12:33 am #

Thanks for your great tutorial on “how to correct a mistake” by adding true value to anyone who reads your message. Now, we know how to clear a list, something we might not know if you didn’t show us. That’s cool.

As a former member of your Underground Training Lab and an active subscriber to your list – who just bought a product you recommended through your affiliate link – I was really upset about receiving that irritating Email message from you… you guess…

But you realized so quickly what went wrong and responded so appropriate that this experience will certainly contribute to strengthening your reputation of being a master marketer. You demonstrated a good sense of what is good customer care.

We all go through similar experiences at times in our private life or in our business. A mistake happened, we are responsible, what now? You gave us a good lesson on how this can be corrected. You did it well, Jeff!

• Jeff Johnson 06. Feb, 2010 at 9:27 pm #

Thanks!

2. Barry 06. Feb, 2010 at 12:42 am #

Hmmmm….gotta tell ya, I got this “being removed from my list” email and it had the exact opposite effect on me. I promptly open the email and went straight to the bottom and unsubscribed to save the sender the effort. Seemed more like a threat so I wished him bonvoyage…hehe….not the response you might have expected but true nonetheless.

Barry

• Jeff Johnson 06. Feb, 2010 at 12:51 pm #

Cool, you either want to be on my list or you don’t. Your choice.

3. Rob 06. Feb, 2010 at 2:12 am #

Hey jeff
    I wondered what was happening.
    I cant wait to have this as a problem.
    I have to figure that a screwed up list beats no list any day 🙂
    Thx Rob

4. Magic Man 06. Feb, 2010 at 2:39 am #

Thank you so much for the unsubscribed tip. Man I had over 400 people that had stopped receiving my emails.

I’m going to try the reactivation technique here shortly.

Thanks again,

Corey

5. Tony Michel 06. Feb, 2010 at 3:47 am #

Howdy Jeff

It looks like your doing the twitter thing for your emails, meaning shorter and to the point.

There are cheaper services then Aweber, do you use then out of habit or are they the best value for the money?

Thanks, Tony

• Jeff Johnson 06. Feb, 2010 at 11:21 am #

best value for the money.

• Larry 12. Feb, 2010 at 10:35 pm #

That’s good to know. I was disappointed in GetResponse and am thinking of getting A Weber. Think I will.

6. Ashley 06. Feb, 2010 at 10:49 am #

Great video Jeff, learned a lot for cutting down Aweber costs and at the same time improving my open & click through rates! 🙂

7. Jessica Maldonado 06. Feb, 2010 at 1:55 pm #

Thanks for the awesome info. Question, have you ever tried icontact? Do you know if they offer the same or one has an advantage over the other?

I’m new at this and growing my list but I wanted to know if there is any advantage to using one or the other. Thanks.

• Jeff Johnson 06. Feb, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

No, I’ve never used icontact so I really can’t say.

8. Marian 06. Feb, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

I’ve already started cleaning my lists.. and I got even more tips from your tutorial. Thanks.

Marian

9. margaret 06. Feb, 2010 at 9:35 pm #

Can you confirm – you cannot do a split test on a segment? Split tests can only be done on an entire database? If so, doesn’t that rather dampen the power of split testing – find out on a small segment what works, then use the better of the options on the whole?
    maybe I’ve misunderstood something – would appreciate the clarification

• Jeff Johnson 06. Feb, 2010 at 10:15 pm #

They don’t give you the option of choosing a saved segment or choosing a multiple list option inside a split test message like they do within a normal broadcast.

10. Colin 06. Feb, 2010 at 10:11 pm #

Thanks Jeff I’m new to this but have relied on tutorials like yours, Frank Kern, Mike Koenigs and membership with Dan Kennedy (GKIC Diamond) to get me up to speed as fast as possible.

I always listen then test. Why are people always asking if you know how to re-invent a cheaper wheel?